Friday, January 18, 2008

It's Been a Good Week

It is Friday night and my week is behind me...

I cannot believe the peace I have within me this week. Striving towards that goal of making my days better one half hour at a time was a good one. I was more careful with my words with the kids, I was more tolerant of the wild moments, my patience level was so much better ... I was kinder. My Youngest had been video taping moments along the way and he caught me in the camera a few times. And I could wear a happier look on my face as I oversee the action here. But the stress levels were well under control. I do believe this was a banner week.

I seem to be absorbing the positive words that I am reading and hearing a lot this week. Between the quotes in the "The Secret" daily calendar ... the 'live your best life' moments that I catch, watching "Oprah" ... morsels of positiveness from emails that I've been getting ... ... ... I seem to have the capability to internalize a lot of these words lately. There for a while, I would read the and words and think "ya, ya, ya... I know I should ...", and the ability to put anything I read into action felt nil. I am feeling much better now.

I've had a bit of an emotional ride as I started feeling like I was risking too much of myself with these new endeavors I'm trying out. And I think that is why I've really been focusing on the positive self-talk a lot these past several blog entries. I'm working at keeping the negativity at bay and by focusing on the pluses, it is helping. It's helping a lot!

And of course I had my dance lesson tonight to wind up the week. There was some learning involved this week (not a lot, but a start), compared to last weeks lesson where we 'played' and simply danced. I can even feel the difference with my dancing. I feel much more relaxed and capable of taking in new information. By the time I quit dancing last winter, I felt like a saturated sponge. Unable to take in anything more. Now ... I'm ready to take it on again. Teach me!! I can learn again!!!

The week was a good one. It was a gift......

No comments:

Post a Comment