Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Life Goes On

04 Jan 2008

I'm taking control of my destiny ... my life ...

I did it! I have booked my dance lesson. And I plan to give this my all, once again. I am going to walk back in those doors full of optimism and a driving desire to do the best I can with what I've got. Again.

I had planned on trying to return to the dance world in November but with Christmas and all the costs and distractions, I put it off. As one month led to the next I wondered if I was ever going to take the plunge again. But as this month dawned and I knew I needed something to motivate and excite me again ... the time was right.

I phoned the studio and left a message first thing yesterday morning so that I got the ball rolling. And as I awaited their return call, I knew more and more that this was the right thing to do and the right time. A friend called before the studio did and I mentioned I was going back to dancing and he was so supportive and assured me that I was a great dancer (he's never seen me dance but he said ''I've seen how you look when you talk about it'' and that my Second Son talks about my dancing without any embarrassment ''... so you have to be good at it...''). Saying this out loud to someone and feeling their encouragement fueled my desire and excitement about this.

Following my instincts. I've been following through on those little whims for several months now, and it has served me very well. Every time (almost every time anyway) I get the notion to pick up the phone and call or email or do something ... I've been doing it. And I dare say that I am running close to a 100% success rate.

When your heart is telling you to do something ... do it!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment