Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Wow!!

I'm so excited to be sitting here, at my new blog ... I can't believe how simple it was to set up and transfer over most of the stuff I had on 'MySpace'.

The 'MySpace' thing just wasn't working for me. I was looking for a spot to connect with friends, share my stories, videos and pictures. I wasn't looking to meet up with strange men (not that I have anything against anyone who does ... but it is just not what I am looking for at this stage of my life). And that seemed to be what I was finding.

So here I am, sitting in my 'private' little blog and have invited my friends and family to come and join me here if and when they may like. The world is feeling like a smaller place right now as I try to close the gap that time and distance brings to those in my life.

I have sent off 4 'Video Messages' in the past two days and I simply cannot believe the thrill that I get by 'visiting' with people as far off as Yuma and Anchorage ... and I've also 'been' to Regina, Olds and Pambrun today. Wow!! I love technology!!!

When I ordered this 'Flip Video', (what I am now doing is what) I had hoped to have the courage, knowledge and enthusiasm to do, once I got it. New things frighten me - especially all these electronic gadgets. It was about 4 years ago that My Oldest gave me a new DVD player for Christmas and Second Son just laughed and said "She'll never be able to figure out how to use it". I did not only that, but so much more....

Since Dec 29th, I have figured out how to use and download my videos from my Flip Video camcorder; set up a MySpace account and figured out how to download the videos and photos onto it; am starting to figure out a little about the video editing process; I have found a way to email video messages to friends; and now I have set up a blog. Wow!! Now ... all I have left to figure out is how to operate the new CD player for my car that my Second Son got me.

Welcome to my new Blog. If you are here and reading this, I am soooo excited!!!!

What a day. Wow!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment