Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Back on Track

Wow! My body didn't feel tired but man oh man, was my brain overloaded!! Yesterday morning I looked at the ripe bananas sitting on my kitchen counter and could have cried ... yet another thing on the long to-do-list in my brain.

But ... I kept puttering away at my list of 'Impossible Things' ... and I'm back down to a manageable level once again.

I seem to require order in my life and in my mind to carry on. This is good to a point and creates a feeling of fulfillment when all is caught up. But when things pile up on me, it feels so overwhelming.

I knew that when I took on this 'book' project, it would take a lot of time. I think once I actually get moving forward and beyond the information-gathering phase it will become fun (and it actually is a lot of fun right now). Right now I just have too many directions my mind is going. I'm collecting more pictures and miscellaneous stuff than I can use immediately so I have future projects "B" and "C" in mind. Too much information!!!!

In the meantime, I was disappointed in myself because I didn't create a 'quiet place in my mind' to fully appreciate my company on Sunday. The visit was still wonderful but I felt that the chaos in my mind was evident to my guests and that wasn't the aura I wanted to create.

The housekeeping of my mind continues and I should putter away at a few more things before the lunch-time busyness sets in.

This afternoon, I am meeting a potential new family to babysit and I feel that my mind is in a good place for that. I feel like I can 'sell myself' (whereas yesterday, I'm sure I was in a sell-myself-short kind of mode).

No comments:

Post a Comment