Thursday, February 7, 2008

Coasting

I don't seem to have a lot of excess anything this week. I am in 'coast' mode ...

I don't seem to have my focus narrowed in on any one particular topic right now. I'm thinking on things but not acting.

One thing I seem to be stuck on, is knowing that I should get back to exercising. 'Oprah' is telling me, Mom is subtly encouraging me, everything you hear these days focuses upon how important exercise is, and I know this. The one thing that is stopping me is that extra hour I get to sleep if I don't exercise. My body prefers getting up at 6 am. 5 am is just too early. The key for exercising for me was doing it before my day began. Once the day begins and gets going, it is hard to squeeze it in. If you hop out of bed and exercise immediately, it gives you a jump start to the day and it is one of those 'impossible things' that is done and over with.

I exercised religiously every morning for a few years. And I felt so good about it. I need to push myself back to that place! I could use that hour of exercising to let my thoughts flow and hopefully inspire the words that I want to write, to the surface.

And now that I have written those words, I shall go through my exercise tapes and DVD's and find a way to ease myself back into a healthier lifestyle. I need to focus on action (not just thinking!).

No comments:

Post a Comment