Saturday, February 23, 2008

Here We Go Again...

I wrote and vented a little in my blog last night, thinking that it was time to walk away from it all and just give my projects a rest ....

Then I started puttering. Well. I certainly know how to make my life difficult at times! I had been taking all the photos (that I've been accumulating from my aunts) I wanted copied to Walmart and going through the scanning process, one picture at a time. Then when I had an entire album that was glued in, I scanned the entire page and printed off 8" X 10" copies; came home; cut them out and then labelled them. Omigosh. The time and money that I have invested (personally, I believe it is worth it though)! But last night after my 'System Overload' rant, I realized that I could scan my photos (at home); then order them online; and simply go and pick them up!! Why didn't I realize this before??? It was my phone call to the publishing company that spurred me into scanning my photos yesterday and the wheels started turning. There is definately a learning curve happening here. Next time will be much easier!!

So I am energized once more. To know that I don't have to invest 2 hours Sunday morning in the Walmart photo centre makes me so happy I could dance!

And dance I shall. I have ideas of how to best utilize the bedroom we are redoing downstairs so that not only will I have a guest room that will be delightful for my guests ... but I can have my 'dance floor' back (in the playroom downstairs). I have homework this week for dancing. Just some simple little things that I could practise so much better if there wasn't so much furniture in the play room.

The thoughts are once again flowing freely and happily. I am reinspired once again. I really need to take one project and work it through to the end. I have sooooooo many ideas swirling around in my head right now. But to do them justice I really must sit back and think a bit, before I dive into anything (else) head first right now.

The book. Stay focused on 'The Book'. I still picture it in my mind. The questions I still have are unending. The ideas are still forthcoming. So much for the goal to 'write a novel in a month'. Once I've gathered all the information and pictures, I think the actual writing will be a delight. At this point I sort of feel like I'm gathering facts for a school project. This part involves work, time and some dedication to the end result. The next phase ... writing ... shall be fun. This I am sure.

So I am off and running once again. The waves of energy amaze me. There seems to be no such thing as having my feet kicked out from under me and stopping me cold. I guess the overload periods are there for a purpose. Time to let things in my life and brain idle for a moment, so I can come back at it with a fresh outlook.

And now I must get ready for my day at work. Leaving my house to go to work feels like such an inconvenience at times. I love that I can earn the majority of my living right under my own roof (and next week, I vow to do a better job tending my children ... this week was not one I am proud of ... the 'system overload' thing was creeping into my days far too much).

'System Reloaded' and ready to go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment