Tuesday, February 19, 2008

If You Can't Be a Highway Be a Trail

As I have spent the past 2 days sifting through the conversations of my weekend with Mom, I find myself searching the internet for the many verses amd songs that she has quoted throughout the days...

I like this one in particular ...

If you can't be a highway be a trail,
If you can't be the sun be a star.
It isn't by size that you win or you fail.
Be the best of whatever you are.

My mind is spent tonight, as I completed compiling the information I gathered from the weekend so I think I shall leave my thoughts to someone else ...

Mom has a poem, a song, a hymn for every occasion. Some people can say things so eloquently it is best left alone. It is no wonder she finds the right poem for the occasion so often. My memory isn't as keen as hers ... I guess that is why I have to write my own words?

No comments:

Post a Comment