Friday, February 22, 2008

System Overload!

I have reached my capacity. 'No more new information' please.

I'm at the point with ''The Book'' now, where I want to start formatting the layout. So as I piece together my story, it will be where and as it needs to be. I know nothing (very, very little) about 'Microsoft Word' so it is taking longer than it should just to do the simplest of things. Setting up margins/gutters/mirroring .... yikes!!

So this morning, I called the publishing website that I have been checking into and got some answers to the questions I have thus far. I was on the right track but it was good to clarify it with someone before I go full speed ahead.

My head is consumed with this book and on top of that, my babysitting week has been topsy turvy. Out of the 9 families that I babysat for this week, only 4 of them came as scheduled; 3 of them were no shows or would show up unexpectedly (10 minutes before lunch to make things more confusing); and 2 had some changes to their schedule (but they kindly let me know in advance which I sure appreciate). With kids out of school, it just made for a very chaotic place in my mind. I organize my day, menus, activities and my mind according to who is going to be here. So I wasn't going with the flow too well when 4 out of 4 days had 2 or more families throwing me curve balls.

I did tell the 'offending parents' that I do need to know what is going on ... so I've done what I can. I'm so grateful for the majority of parents that keep me posted.

So I was more than ready to lock the door after the last child left and chalk this week up to 'experience'. Pure and utter relief to put it all behind me.

And to end off the week with my dance lesson was exactly what I needed. My head was filled with dance stuff for the full half hour and forgot the frustrations of the week.

Now I'm just brain weary. But I need to get somewhere with some of the projects I've got started here! I was hoping for a Sunday to simply lay back and 'recharge'. But I don't think that is going to happen. But maybe at least I can tie up the loose ends with the pictures that I'm accumulating. My aunt dropped off 3 albums and I am so overwhelmed I could cry. I know what I want, but the photos are glued in so it is no easy process to get what I see right in front of me.

System Overload.

No comments:

Post a Comment