Saturday, February 9, 2008

Winter

Winter can be such a long, depressing (not to mention cold!) season. It seems like a season that can really play havoc with a persons mental well being. I have had winters that have me aching for a warm day and a sunbeam to soak up by the time March rolls around .... but this is not one of those.

I feel like I'm taking advantage of these months where a person is holed up inside. In fact, I'm afraid that I may not accomplish all I want to, before the warm sunny days are beckoning me outside. Imagine that!!

Having a goal, and interests that are keeping my mind busy and happy has been wonderful. My brain feels like it has been exercising and is enjoying the work out.

This week, Oprah had a show that was focusing a bit on a person's 'Real Age'. There was a lady on it that was 60, but the vibrancy and youth that oozed out of her being made her appear decades younger. The common denominator that spoke to me about these people who appeared so much younger than they actually were, was having something that they felt passionate about in their life. Writing, reading and ballroom dancing were among a few things that were mentioned. And it simply excited me. I am on the right track. I am following my heart and immersing myself in what I feel passionate about. And not only has it made the winter fly by ... but it may help 'drop a few years' off of my Real Age.

I took the test to find out my Real Age and it was only about 4 years younger than my actual age. So I am on a mission to increase that number. I have a plan. I started some 'stretch' exercises last night and worked on 'strength training' this morning. I have an exercise DVD from the Dancing With the Stars pros and I am going to concentrate on the Samba portion of that for now. I am going to work at keeping my mind and body feeling younger than their actual age.

And the next thing you know, it will be spring and we'll be soaking up the sunshine!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment