Sunday, March 9, 2008

Bleary Eyed

It's time to call it a day and pry myself away from the computer.

Despite my many attempts to put in a productive day at 'The Book', it wasn't meant to be. Distractions and allowing myself to be distracted pulled me away from the project at hand. When I did sit down this morning with a clear and fresh mind, the words came out without effort. As the day progressed and I simply wanted to 'clear the slate' so I could start off the week without so much hanging over my head, the creative flow stopped in its tracks.

Thank goodness for yesterday. And thank goodness for all the days that follow. The only deadline I have for this book is the one I've created in my mind. I need to have a goal to attain. But I must make sure it is attainable. I think it is. But I know that I must walk away from it tonight.

In the mean time, I guess I must not push out all contact with the outside world. I'd love to live in a 'bubble' each Saturday, as I did yesterday. A day without interuption. A day to go at my own pace. A day.

It will be nice to have my Sundays back, after the Book Project. I do miss the slower pace of that relished one day off. Even my Grandma took Sundays as a day of rest. It's time to follow her good example.

No comments:

Post a Comment