Tuesday, March 18, 2008

A Crash and Burn Day

Wow. I was 'spent'. Yesterday was a write off in every capacity. Thank goodness I had a very quiet babysitting day.

I succumbed to exhaustion early last night, slept soundly through the night and woke up 1/2 an hour before the alarm went off this morning. I feel rejuvenated.

I am getting eager to return to my regularly scheduled life once this Book Project is wrapped up. I am so close, but yet so far from that goal. Thankfully the long weekend is coming up and I hope that provides me time to tend to The Book as well as some downtime. Kurt is anxious for the return of the old me ... he was quite excited when I stayed away from the computer last night.

In the meantime, I intend to make the most of the days I have ahead of me. Write when I'm able; rest when I'm tired; and 'play' when the spirit moves me. I'm no good to anyone or for anything when I am in the wearied state I was in yesterday.

It actually felt very good to just crash yesterday. Stopped in my tracks. But it was a voluntary action. Sometimes when you don't stop when you should, I think that is when the body stops itself - whether by sickness or an injury or something else that is taking control when you don't do it yourself.

I'm ready for the next chapter ... bring it on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment