Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Formatting Nightmares!

I'm glad that I started puttering around with what I thought were 'little things' with The Book early this week. When it comes to making what a novice thinks are minor changes to the formatting in Microsoft Word ... it is another challenge. Oh, how I love a challenge! (not!!) I'm up to the challenges, but after a little while a person just wants things to go smoothly.

Oh well. It's all part of the learning curve. And as I keep saying, I just need to keep using what I've learned so that next time this is old hat.

I'm inching my way through The Book again, between the formatting nightmares and fine tuning the chapters a little as I go, I'm making some progress.

I don't think I'll ever be 100% happy with what I've got written. But I'm getting happier with it, the more I putter. I should probably take writing classes to work on my shortcomings. I'm sure there are many more than I aware of!

And this cool spring weather is just not my favorite either. I can't wait to actually be able to start puttering around outside again. There is still a huge snow hill in the front yard. I'm thinking it may still be there by May 1st! Oh well, I guess it gives the kids something to play on as we wait for some warmer weather.

Bring on the green!! I'm ready for sun and warm days.

And I'm ready to put this book to rest pretty soon. My formatting days are almost done. Almost ...

No comments:

Post a Comment