Saturday, April 5, 2008

Stuck

I feel like I'm stuck out in limbo somewhere. The words are stuck. Actions are stuck. Completion of any one project feels stuck. It's a cool, messy spring and we are stuck indoors. You get the idea?

Anyway ... such good things are on the horizon.

Mom's birthday gathering is next weekend and that should be a memorable day in every way. Lots of little things that I need to tend to before I'm ready for the big weekend. I should stress to myself the little part. I need to write a list to make me realize that there really isn't a lot of things I need to do. It's just that everything is swimming in my mind right now and it feels like lots. There. I just wrote it down. It doesn't look as overwhelming on paper as it felt in my mind, freefalling around.

The Book. I am so close. So close, but yet so far. I can't really do too terribly much (there is always room for fine tuning and I think this is the part that overwhelms me). I'm waiting for revisions from 'The Sisters' before I go ahead with anything. Then I realized that I should probably take it with me to Mom's gathering to help fill in missing blanks and see who may be interested in getting a book before I place the order for it to be printed. So in the meantime, I can't do a lot ... yet I could do the fine tuning which it still needs. I can do it, but I don't have to do it now. I guess that's why I'm not doing anything.

I really should motivate myself to do some deeper cleaning around here. My big excuse is that there isn't a lot of sense in getting too crazy with the clean part, since there will soon be the fine drywall dust in the air from the bedroom renovation (that starts today!!). I could still do something though!! Some decluttering is necessary in a big way. I was going through old photos the last few days and noticed how uncluttered my kitchen was in those pictures. I seem to have accumulated a lot of kitchen-stuff. I guess that means I'm using it more, right?

I've got one day off between now and next weekend. I need to make the most of the day in every way!! I think if I get up and get moving tomorrow I could move mountains and get me in the place I need to be before all the activity of next weekend. It's going to be such a great weekend that I need to get my mind in a state of relaxation to just go with the flow of it and savor every moment.

Spring is on its way (eventually). So many things to anticipate.

In the meantime, I have been 'stuck'. Stuck in the past, as I went through old photo albums and made a slideshow of my family the last few days. I look at those photos and I can remember the feelings ... lots of history in my own little family ... maybe that could be my next book project ... my own family's story is just beginning ... but I could still write the introduction. Maybe that's why I'm so stuck. I'm looking back instead of ahead.

Time to look forward!!

No comments:

Post a Comment