Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The 21 Day Cleanse

After watching Oprah's show yesterday, I am thinking hard about the '21 Day Cleanse' ...

This sounds like it would eliminate most of my diet .... No caffeine; No gluten/bread; No sugar; No animal products (this includes milk, cheese, eggs, etc); No alcohol (okay ... one is easy).

I've been unhappy with the way my body feels and looks lately. I feel old, haggard, lethargic and I have 10 pounds I wouldn't mind misplacing. I feel bloated and yucky much of the time.

I know I use food to soothe me. It feeds me when I'm tired, sad, lonely, happy. It has become a form of entertainment in many ways. I don't like how I'm 'using' food.

It is time to look within and see if I can find my 'inner body'. I feel like I've found my 'inner self'. So it's time to work on completing the cycle.

Right now I'm thinking on it. I have plans with friends at the end of the month. So I'm thinking June 1st would be a good start date. But I can start deleting some of the 'do not eat' items out of my diet immediately.

I've been working on housecleaning my life, my house, the garage and the yard. Now it's time to start working on cleaning out my body.

No comments:

Post a Comment