Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Do I Have Too Much Time on my Hands?

I seem to have gone headfirst into several ventures lately. As soon as things start getting quiet and comfortable ... I forge onto something else.

I admit, that I have gone blog-crazy! In our computer-connected-world, a blog just seems to be a perfect spot to meet up with friends near and far. It doesn't matter what time of the day or night it is. You can check in and 'connect' with a friend ...

I seem to have become addicted to people-contact in my life. Face to face is always best, but it just isn't easy with everyone's busy lives and commitments. I'm the worst offender. As much as I enjoy getting together with someone, I am bound by my responsibilities. Between a 6 day work week and having to take Kurt with me whereever I go, it's hard to step away and take time for myself. And when I do, it is guilt-bound time. If Kurt is with me, I am conscious of when he's ready to go ... if he's not with me, he is with someone else and I'm conscious of the clock and when I must return. By sitting at the computer at home, I can 'reach out and touch someone' with a few keystrokes. Second best, but it's better than nothing.

The spring has been full of social commitments and events. Things are starting to wind down in that regard and now I'm wondering what I can do to keep some of that momentum going. I've got some ideas ... and that's all it seems to take these days. One idea and I'm off and running again.

No comments:

Post a Comment