Friday, May 30, 2008

Good Friend, Bad Friend?

There was a quiz ("Good Friend, Bad Friend") in an 'Oprah' magazine that I ripped out and wanted to keep in the forefront of my mind.

I have felt like I've been the needy friend, the too talkative friend, the friend that doesn't call, the friend that isn't there, the friend that physically take care of matters ...

In the matter of 'the forever relationship' that didn't make it, I was not an equal partner in our friendship.

As I looked at the friendships that are working in my life, I feel like I'm more giving. Not that there isn't always room for improvement. But I feel like I am doing okay as a friend.

It is the people that make you feel good ... bring you up and keep you up ... that are so important to surround yourself with. I want to be one of those people. I want to surround myself with those kinds of people.

I want to give as much as I take ... I want to listen as much as I talk ... I want to laugh as much as I cry ... I want to be a good friend as much as I want to have a good friend ...

No comments:

Post a Comment