Monday, May 12, 2008

Looking Back

I had journalled my thoughts last year from June 3rd - Dec 18th. I just reread them tonight. A 2 hour glimpse at the past.

Wow. It was actually rather interesting reading those words, when I knew 'the end of the story'. I had to go through every step of the process that I did, to get from 'there' to 'here'. It was quite a trip.

But I love where I have arrived. And even on looking back on the road to getting here, it was a good trip. I have documented the process of drawing people, activity, dancing, writing and living back into my life.

This is an actual entry from my 'journal' from August 11th of last year. I reread it and thought "Wow! Those goals were life-altering ... and I actually followed through on all of them!" ...

Aug 11/07 - I need a plan. I need to get myself out of this rut. Dancing is first and foremost in my mind .... but I need more. I need to interact with people. I think I need to reach out to some friends. I should try and initiate an 'optimist group' gathering. I should email (my friend) and see if and when she may be up to some company and maybe we could head out to Regina. I should call someone. I should make some sort of plan to use my credit with Westjet. I should start to gather some of the info to work on that book about Mom's growing up years. I should act on at least one of these ideas. Maybe two or more.....

I need a plan. I am going to email my Optimist Friends right now and see where it takes me ....

Well, the plan worked. Life has been on an upward curve ever since ....

No comments:

Post a Comment