Tuesday, May 6, 2008

What's Next?

I think it's time to pull out the list of '66 Ways to Build Courage' again.

As I laid back last night, with my feet up and relaxation oozing out every pore of my being, I thought "Ah ... this is the life!" But I know that I wouldn't have had that perfect sense of 'being', had I not climbed a few steep hills these past months.

Pushing myself out of my comfort zone has been my driving force for the better part of the last year. It seemed a year ago, almost everything felt uncomfortable. But the past 4 months or so, I have gone beyond and pushed the limits.

It is intoxicating. I have drawn people back into my life and it is wonderful!

This is the time of year one thinks of spring cleaning. I have done a lot of that this past year! I have seen Wes and Dale move out on their own; I have gotten out of a relationship that was bringing out the worst in me; and yesterday our poor, neglected dog found a loving home. I have drawn family back into my life; I have more time and energy to spend with my friends; I am writing; I am dancing; I am living again!

And I'm not going to stop. I'm looking ahead and wondering where do I go from here?

No comments:

Post a Comment