Friday, June 20, 2008

2 Days Off, A Wedding and Family

That sums up the excitement I have in store this weekend.

As usual, 2 days off thrill me. I love 2 day weekends! I felt the calmness seep into my being as this morning unfolded as I let the reality of a 2 day weekend sink in. Ahhhhh!!

And a wedding. My niece is getting married tomorrow. I'm not much of a social butterfly and I usually quietly sit back and observe the day more than participate in it.

This wedding is being held in a campground. Very fun and informal sounding. And ... I have my camera and Flip Video as my arsenol. I hope to wander around and catch moments on film. Already I am visualizing the day and what I can do with the pictures and footage I capture.

Filming these special moments has completely transformed me. I don't know if I have become entirely annoying to be around, with my video camera in tow? Hopefully not, because I am simply having too much fun!

And family!! My entire family will be there (sisters, brother and Mom). We will be a small minority in the wedding crowd ... but we will all be there. This excites me!!

Yesterday the shipment of "The Book" arrived. So I will be able to deliver these books in person to all of my immediate family. I mailed off all the rest last night. "The book is in the mail!!" The process has felt complete to me, for a long time. Now that the family will have it in their hands, it will complete the process to them. I'm ready to start all over again!!

I've been puttering away at the things I must do to be prepared for the wedding and also a BBQ I'm having on Monday. As soon as that is done, I'll be buying baseboards and painting them for the bedroom that is being renovated. Then there will be all the shuffling around of things to take best advantage of our new space (it will be complete very soon!!).

One day, I would like to sit in the back yard and read a book. And reflect. Man, I have a great life. I am so very, very blessed ....

No comments:

Post a Comment