Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Freefalling Thoughts

As I have spent the last few days painting, I couldn't help but think of last year and the marathon painting that I did outside.

The thoughts that went through my mind at that time were full of the pain I was feeling as I was dealing with 'relationship stuff'. I can look at a portion of the fence and know what I was feeling at the time. I don't dwell on it, but I remember.

As I devoted Sunday to the painting job that lay before me, I got out the CD player and some of the favorite songs I have accumulated this last little while. I turned the music up, sang my heart out and the hours flew by.

After all was said and done, I couldn't even remember what I had thought about as I painted. Thoughts were freefalling in my mind ... nothing serious ... just light and fluffy thoughts that I didn't even dwell on long enough to remember.

I was more conscious of my thinking as I painted last night and the thoughts were all enjoyable. I thought about the music and what it made me feel. I sang, I thought about dancing, I dreamed a little. No one thought was lasting. It was all good.

Life is good. My thoughts are reflecting that (or is life reflecting my thoughts??).

No comments:

Post a Comment