Saturday, June 14, 2008

It's Exciting to be Excited

I wake up in the morning with such anticipation these days! It is wonderful.

We've had a lot of fun and interesting things on the go in our lives this last long while .... and as the scheduled 'fun' events are winding to a close, it seems that more good stuff is on the horizon! It is wonderful!!

It seems that this 'living-my-life' attitude is filling my life! I want to be around people, draw them into my life and share this excitement.

Where there used to be a dread and anxiety attached to committing myself to various fun outings and get togethers, it has been exchanged with excitement. There is still a small amount of anxiety when it comes to things where I must make other arrangements for Kurt, but even that seems to work its way out. On the occasions where I need to find somewhere else for him to go, he is so thrilled that he gets to go and have his own fun, that I don't have to worry for a minute once the arrangements have been made.

He is nearing the age where he will be able to spend short amounts of time on his own ... another year should spell a little bit of independence for both of us. This is the age where I've always had another baby before (spreading my family out, over the course of 20 years had a few disadvantages). So as soon as I was able to go out a little bit, I had a baby to think of. The advantage is, that I had a built in babysitter once they got to the right ages and stages. So it hasn't been without its perks as well.

But by the time the year passes, I think that we will both be anticipating that small amount of freedom.

In the mean time, my need to tend to Kurt's needs before my own isn't hampering my spirit. Every day is exciting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment