Sunday, July 20, 2008

Another Eager Start

I didn't even look at the clock the first time I woke up this morning. I thought "Rest .... relax ..." So I did. The next time I woke up I let myself look. 5:10. "Rest! relax!!" One more time. Okay. This time when I woke up it said 5:25. Ahhh ... much better.

So I am up and awake and eager to go again.

Okay, how many things can I fix around here by turning it off, cleaning out the dust and turning it back on in the morning? I'm working on #2.

Last night the computer turned itself off while I was working at it. Twice. The last time it did that we had to get a new power supply. So I did what I did with our broken air conditioner. Cleaned it out, dug out the spare power supply that I have (from the last it broke down within the guarantee period), left it turned off for the night and was armed and ready to try again this morning.

And it worked!! I must have a really dirty house if cleaning out the air supply is fixing things. That task of getting the furnace/ducts cleaned out during my holiday is sounding like a good one (probably a good idea after all the drywall dust from the bedroom reno project).

I made a little video of our garage sale (that I've been working on since the computer started shutting down on me last night). I keep freezing up that program as well. And have I learned to save my work first?? This is at least my fifth try and haven't learned yet (sixth time lucky).

I shall download my little movie if I can ... then I am off to do a few painting projects before I sit down and relax with my morning breakfast smoothy and a cup of coffee.

I'm anxious to get moving again. I wonder what the day has in store? Hopefully our clear out prices (I advertised 1/2 price today on the remaining merchandise) will empty out the garage. That is far too much 'stuff' to deal with after I made up my mind to let it go.

No comments:

Post a Comment