Saturday, July 26, 2008

Become Love

The Five Secrets You Must Discover Before You Die - John Izzo

Become love - "make the choice not to search for love but to be a loving person"

To become a loving person ... I once heard it described that love is a verb. And in that context I feel that I can become love.

Uttering the words "I love you" has never come easy to me. I've had the words spoken to me when the person saying them wasn't acting in a loving fashion. The words were not spoken at home as I grew up. But the verb was always acted out. I was loved. And that was more important to me than hearing the words.

The words by themselves are meaningless. The action of loving and being loved is heartfelt and true. There is a language that transcends the verbal language we use. And that is the language which is most comfortable for me.

Become love. Being open, honest, giving, appreciative and giving someone my full attention define that statement to me. In most ways I am succeeding. The one thing I am faltering at, is giving someone my full attention. Lately my mind has been abuzz with at least 6 things I'm physically trying to do. And that is just my body. My mind is all over the place. So I must work on my attention span and the attention the people around me deserve (this is also what was lacking in my last failed relationship - note taken!).

Become love. It is an evolution of a person and becomes who you want to be. For someone to meet you and feel that emotion coming from within ... could only attract positive into ones life. Couldn't it?

"Become love."

No comments:

Post a Comment