Monday, July 14, 2008

A Before and After With a Difference


Before


After!

Yes, Kurt got his shaggy locks trimmed this past weekend. And ... as much as I was excited about him finally getting his hair cut ... I must admit that I was becoming accustomed to his longer hair.

This is the first time that Kurt actually made a stand with his hair and told me that he wanted to grow it out. I got him to agree to 'tidy it up' with a trim and thinning at one point, but after that he was on his own.

It takes a while to get used to a change. And hair is really a relatively easy way to let kids have their stab at self expression. No matter what ... it can be cut ... or it grows out.

Dale went through some years of expressing himself through his hair styles. He went from wanting to grow it out (like some wrestler), to losing patience with the growing process and shaving himself bald. The bald look was not one of my favorites. But ... hair grows.

It's hard to take a step back from the parenting role at times and realize that your kids need some freedoms in their life. Hair is a pretty innocent thing to practise on.

Kurt has had his say with his hair ... and he took it upon himself to return to his old buzz cut of days gone by. And now that I've seen both of his looks, I'm wondering if he should have left it a little longer on top??

No comments:

Post a Comment