Friday, September 12, 2008

"The Secret"

This is the quote of the day from "The Secret" daily calendar that I have, for Sept 10th:

"If some situation occurs that affects your state of joy, repeat to yourself, "All good is coming from this situation." And it will. Learn from each experience. You will find after experiencing a challenging situation, your level of joy will be higher than it has ever been before. Isn't that a good thing?"

Throughout the course of my life, I have learned to live that quote. In every case of 'discomfort' in my life, there has been a purpose. I can look back and see a lesson in every situation that was less than joyous to me at the moment. It took a while to see the consistency of the lessons I had learned and the new paths that I tried, due to life's events. But it never failed. I always ended up in a better place after the transition was complete.

And the 'level of joy' (or elation as I call it) seems to rise with each hurdle I encounter. You surpass that tough spot and a small amount of invincibility seeps into your being. A feeling that " ... if I can overcome that, then I can overcome anything ..." Every single time I overcome some challenge, I feel joyous inside. I am stronger mentally, my self esteem rises. There is a euphoria that overcomes me as I feel a renewed and stronger sense of myself after I overcome 'impossible things' (I think this is why I am so driven to do small 'impossible things' in my day to day world).

I think that there is a sense of peace in having absolute trust that there is a purpose to life's challenges. That I have never been given more than I can handle. The one exception to that may have been in the depths of a depression that I slipped into last year. But even at the bottom of that despair, there was a quiet but steady 'voice' within that just knew to ''call one person.'' And so began my healing ...

Good can come out of most anything bad. Look for the silver lining. Sometimes you have to search or wait a while ... but in the end you can find some purpose to most of life's discomforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment