Monday, September 22, 2008

Touched By an Angel ...

I'm still tingling inside, from an encounter I had today ...

I am in the beginning stages of collecting information on my dad's side of the family, to see if I can put together another family history story. Today, an aunt and uncle (my dad's brother) dropped by to give me some information that they had amassed. It was a very brief visit, but I made eye contact with my uncle. We exchanged a few words, his eyes twinkled and I felt Dad's presence in him, in the way he looked at me.

It was a moment. It was precious. I was reminded of the essence of who Dad was in an up close and personal way.

As I move along with this project and collect various stories and memories from the family and Dad's brothers, there is a lot of potential to bring my Dad to life in my heart and soul. He has been gone for a long time. It always surprises me when I have an emotional reminder of who he was. Something that touches something deep inside me ...

I've turned a corner today. Dad's family story will be straight from the heart. I can't wait to begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment