Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Creating Your Life

"You are creating your life from within, and everything you experience on the outside is of your own creation. You may have created some things unconsciously, but still you created them. When you can take responsibility for all that is around you, not blaming yourself or anyone else, but understanding that somehow or another you created it, then and only then can you set yourself free. You will know that if you created it, you have the power to change it and create what you want." - excerpt from The Secret

I woke up this morning, opened my eyes, stretched out, enjoyed the comfort and warmth of my bed and the first thought of the day was, "I love my life."

What a gift it is, to wake up and have that as your first conscious thought. I lead a very charmed life. I am surrounded in goodness. And as I read the thought of the day from 'The Secret' calendar that I have (the above quote), I felt truly grateful and appreciative that this is a life that I have created!

The Oprah episode that I had taped (and watched this morning) was all about forgiveness. "Forgiveness is a gift that you give yourself'''. I truly believe that. I have had my life touched with incidents that have been hurtful to endure. At the time I was living them, I felt the raw emotion that was attached to those occasions. The psychologist (on Oprah) referred to anger as a sneeze. It is necessary to express and feel it, so that you can release it from your body. But to hold onto that anger does nothing to hurt the other person. The only person you hurt is yourself. To forgive is not to condone those actions, but to release yourself from the anger. Allowing myself to forgive has been a great part of this life I have created. The energy it takes to hold a grudge and be angry is so much better spent on other areas of living!

Another quote from an episode of Oprah that resonated with me is "Daring to care is the greatest lesson" (Maya Angelou). Opening up my heart to my family and friends has proven to be nothing but a gift. I've had a few relationships that have made 'daring to care' a risk. But I am opening myself up to the idea that the reason that it was a risk to put my heart on the line, is because subconsciously I knew that these relationships were draining my resources. I don't think that it was my inability to care ... I think it was just the wrong person for me to retain in my life. I created those choices within my life and lived with the consequences. I learned some valuable lessons that has molded me into the person I have become. So even those relationships were placed in my life for a reason. Forgiveness and moving on has released me from the negative part of that equation and I've held onto the lessons and whatever I could keep as positive from that relationship.

I'm in a very safe spot in my life right now. I feel an ease and comfort with my life ... the life that I have created! When a person feels safe and content, there is energy to move life in a forward direction. Take small risks and try a new 'path'.

I have visions of things I want to accomplish, places that I want my life to go and the people I want to surround myself with. I feel like I am putting my 'best self' out there these days. And in return, I feel a warmth and security that envelops me. Very much like the warmth and comfort that I woke up to this morning.

I believe we do create our own lives. And if that's the case, the sky is the limit!

No comments:

Post a Comment