Monday, November 3, 2008

So Much To Do ...

So little time ...

The transition back into my full babysitting load hasn't been without its challenges. Not only are my days noisier, more hectic and unpredictable, but I can't squeeze in extra work or errands during the day like I had the luxury of doing during my 'work slow down time'. The extra demands on my after hours time and the extra demands on my patience levels have taken the words out of my fingertips as I readjust to this new equilibrium. It's far easier to slow down the pace of life than to pick it up where you last left off.

The direct comparison as to how I felt about my days when I had fewer kids around has me reexamining where I want to go from here.

I believe I'm a far better person when I am less taxed by the kids. I have 9 different families that I work for and lately I feel like I am at their mercy. Last minute changes to the day and my budget have run rampant in the 2 weeks that I've been back to my full babysitting load.

I took on a bookkeeping type of job a few months ago. And I love it. I can do it from home, at the time and pace of my choosing. And I get paid for it! It is wonderful. As the last few weeks were taking their toll, I made it known to the lady I work for that I would be happy to work more for her and lessen my kid-load. Then I had an accountant friend over on the weekend and repeated my story. She perked up and asked if I'd be interested in taking on more work. I told her that I don't have a formal education in accounting, but I have a head for numbers, I love a challenge and I'm up to the task. She said that she often has people asking if she knows someone who could help them (basically doing what I am doing for this other company) and asked if I would like her to pass along my name. YES!!!

Nothing will happen over night, but my daycare load won't dwindle over night either. I have 3 families that will be on maternity leave over the course of the next 6 to 7 months. 6 or 7 months to try and focus on a new direction.

I have opened myself to the possibilities that are out there. I have made my wishes known ... I believe this could work.

I feel the tides changing. I'm willing to go where the flow takes me ...

No comments:

Post a Comment