Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Be Careful What You Wish For ...

I've been uttering the phrase "time is more precious than money" lately. The first times that I said it, I was half joking. Now it seems to be governing my life.

The Secret has many ways of saying that ''the more you worry about the lack of money, the more you bring that truth into your life''. Many of The Secret's philosophies come from truly believing and living the statements that it is trying to teach you. So I have read my daily wisdom with an open mind.

The moment that I stopped letting my money situation worry me was when I was in the hospital bed, awaiting my surgery. I consciously spoke the words to myself, "It doesn't matter ... it always works out in the end. It doesn't matter ..." And I truly, truly believed what I was telling myself.

I received a cheque to help me through the unexpected time off ... and I didn't need to cash it. Many of the parents that I babysit for added a bonus onto my pay that month. One month within the date of my surgery, I received a completely unexpected windfall. Within 2 months, all of my savings accounts had been replenished and I was in a better spot financially than I was before my surgery.

As I sit here this morning, the month before Christmas, a season that puts most of us in a financial crunch ... I simply feel an abundance. Money isn't ruling my life. Money is the least of my concerns right now. 90% of the gifts I am giving this year involve time. I have more money than time this year, so I guess I am still giving from a place where I feel a sacrifice.

Now, I just need to work the magic of having an abundance of time! I'll work on that ....

Awaiting my surgery, the priorities in my life quickly came to light. Things always work out in the end ... if you believe that they will.

No comments:

Post a Comment