Sunday, December 14, 2008

A Day Off

I took one whole entire day off. Off of everything.

As yesterday slowly revealed itself to me, I realized that I had the day off of my bookwork. I didn't get that call until the afternoon and by that time, I had become somewhat lazy. So I indulged myself in 'a day'.

As much as I think that my mind needed a day to debrief, rest, relax and revitalize itself ... my body really needed to move.

So I have been awake for hours this morning. Looking at this day before me and knowing how I should spend it. I can't afford to waste another precious day.

Why I can accomplish more, when I have a house full of kids than I can when I have only myself to worry about is a conundrum. It is as if I hoard that alone time to spend on my quiet indulgences. And if my time is spoken for anyway (when I have the kids), I try and make the most of the moments where I can squeeze in some must-do-tasks. I get them done during the busy part of my day so that when that last child leaves for the night and supper is over ... the time left over at the end of the day is mine to spend as I wish.

That said, I should get myself motivated to work at one of my many projects for one hour ... before this day is off and running.

No comments:

Post a Comment