Monday, December 15, 2008

A Day On

After living a life of leisure on Saturday, I settled in and got some work done yesterday. Brain challenging, brain numbing, tedious work that I simply can't do when I have a house full of kids. But with that behind me, I should be able to putter away at the rest of that project, with kids in my midst.

I have bought some more new technology. A tape recorder that has a speech-to-text function that could make my life soooo much easier when transcribing audio conversations (to do with family histories that I am collecting) into typewritten form. If ... I can figure out how it works! If I can do this, it would save me not only hours, but days. The glitch is, that it only recognizes one voice at a time and that is only after that person does a 'voice recognition' sample at my computer. So I'm not sure if I can make this work. Very disheartening. But I shall try ...

I have overcome many technological challenges this year. I just have to figure this one out as well.

My brain must have been exhausted, because I almost slept through the night last night! I have so many things swirling through my mind on a normal night, that whenever I wake up in the middle of the night, I can't get back to sleep without the TV voices quieting the conversation going on inside of my head. Not last night. I woke up a few times, but fell peacefully, blissfully back to sleep (without the TV erasing the chatter out of my head). And now, here I am ... up before the birds ... and ready to face the week.

I guess it pays to challenge your mind into exhaustion once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment