Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Giving Gifts

My Christmas projects are nearing completion. My cards have been mailed and people should be receiving them now. My first gifts were given out today. The final touches on my family DVD slideshow are finally coming together. The work is almost done. Now is the time to give.

The more of myself I put into a gift, the more exciting it is to give. The gifts that I have run out and bought simply don't bring me the same joy. The thought is in the right place, but this is truly a year where giving from my heart is the theme.

The Christmas cards I send are truly where my passion lies. I feel like I've written to every person that has touched my life, but I know I've missed a few. They say talk is cheap ... but how about a letter?

I was greeted into the Christmas card season with 4 cards and letters on Monday. Each one was a gift, but the one that especially surprised and delighted me was from a long, lost childhood friend. We have known each other our whole lives, but as we grew up and apart from each other, we lost touch. Our paths crossed a few summers ago and we had a delightful conversation. And the Christmas season has allowed us the excuse to touch base since then.

These are the miracles of Christmas to me. To write someone and let them know they are in my thoughts. And I am thrilled and excited when I hear from someone who has been thinking of me.

Tonight, my aunt called me to thank me for the Christmas card that I sent. What a pleasant surprise! Yesterday, I got an email thanking me for a birthday greeting I sent.

I guess if I keep pushing myself out there and people keep finding me in their Inbox &/or mailbox, I'll hear from a few. It's the law of averages.

I like that law. I like this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment