Friday, December 12, 2008

The Magic of Christmas

The spirit of the season has enveloped me once again.

I haven't been to one Christmas party or gathering of any sort. I haven't done anything what so ever out of the ordinary. I have talked to my own family just as much as I normally do. Nothing has changed. Except writing and creating my gifts.

I love what this season does for my mindset. I can start out sitting in front of a blank page, thinking "What do I have to write about that is good?" And be stumped. But before long, the words and the positive side of whatever situation I have lived through start to work their way to my finger tips. I write and I write and I write. And the next thing you know, even the challenging times come off sounding like they were worth all the trouble.

A year ago, I had endured one of the toughest years of the decade. I started thinking about Christmas at Thanksgiving, wondering how in the world I could recap the year and put a positive spin to it. There was a quiet desperation within me as I thought, "I can't do it this year."

But, in the end I ended up with the most 'light and fluffy' envelope stuffer, ever. I wrote about what was good, focused on that and that is how I saw out that year. Recalling the good that came out of a bad situation, I was now ready to tie the past up with a bow and put it behind me and forge into the new year. And what a year it has been!

I love the reflections that I find within this season. It's magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment