Saturday, January 10, 2009

Abundance

I woke up this morning feeling abundance in every crevice of my life. What a marvelous way to feel. What a wonderful way to face the day.

There is a material abundance. I honestly want for nothing in my life. I am not walking around craving things that I don't have. It doesn't mean that I have everything I want. It means that I have everything I need (and then some).

I stock my groceries and household supplies so that I never run out of something. I have a 'warehouse' system where I have an abundance of things I require to run my house. I have a cupboard, a fridge, a deep freeze ... a system where I know that I have fall back items in case of a sparse budget and an extra supply of things that I need. Every time I run downstairs to fetch some item that I ran out of, I say "thank you". Not everyone has the luxury of this abundance. I know that I am rich.

There is a financial abundance in my world right now. I cannot ever ever remember feeling so financially secure in my life. I am earning more than I spend. I am capable of making extra payments on my mortgage, stockpiling some savings and I've created a dream account. Any other time in my life when I started earning extra money, I spent more than I earned. I simply haven't the desire to fill any void within myself by spending money right now. I am financially satisfied with the way things are.

My car is 15 years old, my house is 44 years old, I spent my RRSP money to finance my work-from-home dream and I should have had my house paid off last year, if I had stuck to my original plan. I am cash poor, but I am rich in what I have created within the walls of my home.

As usual, I am one financial crisis away from toppling my applecart. But I feel that if I continue to budget my spending wisely, I will be okay. I respect the money I earn and I'm not wasting it. Every single time in my life where I have taken a firm stand in respecting my financial limits, I find that I am rewarded. Most recently, it came in the form of a $44.69 cheque in the mail that represented the shortfall of a large expense. The true turning point in my faith that I will be okay financially, was when I was laying in a hospital bed facing surgery which would put me out of commission for 6 weeks. I told myself "things always work out ... I will be okay" over and over. I believed. And it was. I am rich in my faith.

I have an abundance of dreams. I have been afraid to dream and my ability to dream has been thwarted in the past. I have taken giant leaps of faith on many occasions in my life. Most of those leaps have been done to create the home and security that I believe that my family deserves. But last year, I took a leap of faith that fueled a dream of mine. I wrote. And now ... writing ventures are coming to me. I have met some of them half way, others I have forged out of my comfort zone and said "I can and I want to do this" ... and yesterday, one came to me out of the blue. From a person that has read my words and believes in me. My dreams are coming true!

The people that touch and influence my life have created an abundance of appreciation and awe in all that is good. I have an amazing group of friends, a family that I appreciate beyond words and it seems that I find wonder in most every encounter.

I am fulfilled and happy as a person. My heart is full, my passions are being fueled, my home is a haven and I want for nothing. There is abundance all around me ...

No comments:

Post a Comment