Friday, January 9, 2009

Following Your Passion

"Do what you are passionate about and the money will follow"

I wrote down this quote a few weeks ago and went about my merry way with my life. It's a statement that resonated within me. It makes perfect sense. Follow your passions and only good things can come of that. If today is any indication, I would say that I'm headed in the right direction!

This afternoon, I had 2 phone calls related to my interest in writing. Not really inquiries of the money making kind (though my first call did offer to pay me for my services!), but inquiries none the less.

Writing is definitely a passion of mine. I'm following where it is leading me. Starting with my blogs, leading to putting together Mom's family history book (which has lead to 2 more family histories being collected and compiled) and today a friend asked me to help her rework some 'words' for a new business she is starting.

My head is spinning at the moment. I need to concentrate on one of several projects. Instead, my thoughts are scattered among many. My first goal is to sit down and focus my energy on one of the endeavours I've started.

I'm following my passion. I'm generating some interest. Will the money follow? Stay tuned ...

No comments:

Post a Comment