Saturday, January 3, 2009

In The Afterglow

It is January 3rd and I'm still sitting in the darkness with only the Christmas lights illuminating my morning. I love the lights. I have had a most wonderful season of joy.

It was just over a year ago that I started my blogging adventure. December 29th marked my first blog entry in MySpace. January 8th, I started my 'Life as I Know It' blog and transferred the MySpace entries over to this new blog. 299 blog entries for the year 2008. Not quite one a day, but not too bad.

Most of my thoughts, hopes and dreams for the year are written down in this blog. There are many veiled references in my entries that I am the only one who truly knows 'the rest of the story'. I can look at an entry and know what triggered the outpouring of words.

I can look back on this year and reflect on the mountains I have climbed, the specialness of an ordinary day, reflections of an event or nonevent.

I am not only sitting and savoring the afterglow of the Christmas season this morning. I am feeling the joy of looking back on the reflection of 'a year well spent'. And as we tread into this new year of 2009, I wonder what I may be reflecting on a year from now. Whether looking back on the wonder of it all ... obstacles that have been overcome ... a heart that aches over a loss ... or just a hum drum kind of year ... it is always nice to have something to reflect back on and see how far you've come.

No comments:

Post a Comment