Monday, January 26, 2009

Lazy Days and Mondays

Okay, I just endured one of the laziest weekends that I have had for a while. I couldn't even thoroughly enjoy it, because I knew that there were so many things that I should have been doing!

Did I even spend any of that time making an 'action plan' to get myself in motion? No. Did I utilize the time to instill a lot of positive talk within myself? No. What did I do???

Hmmm ... let's see ... I danced, ran errands, went to a movie, ran more errands, had a movie night at home ... exercised (yay!!) ... talked on the phone to a friend and my mom ... sent one email ... watched a few 'missed episodes' of TV programs I enjoy (I love being able to go to the TV stations website and watch an episode that I've missed) ... and ... I started reading a book.

I haven't read a book since before Christmas. And even at that, I didn't even enjoy it. It was just another thing to mark off my to-do list. So I promised myself that I wasn't going to waste another book until I had time to savor it. And that, I did!!

I love losing myself in a good book! It was a most excellent way to spend a cold Sunday afternoon and evening. Something I haven't done in a very long time.

I've doubled up on my exercise time. I'm up to 40 minutes now. It isn't the actual exercise that I find hard - it is sacrificing that time in the morning. I love my mornings to indulge myself in my guilty pleasures. Watching a TV show that I have taped while I have my morning smoothie and cup of coffee; writing in my blogs; reading or sending emails or (this morning) sitting back and reading a book. I have to get up between 5:00 and 5:30 to accomplish all of this. But if I am fulfilled before my day begins, I am destined to have a much better day.

I feel ready for whatever this week has in store. I've replenished myself and I'm ready to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment