Friday, April 3, 2009

How Could I Be So Foolish?

Google is a wonderful thing. I will type in a question and be delighted at the information that I can find.

This morning I googled "Why am I gaining so much weight?" and I was directed to numerous sites.

The site that grabbed my interest had a suggestion that spinning around in circles like a child can normalize hormone levels and make you lose weight quickly. It said: "Stop reading right now and do this simple test - make sure there is ample room around you, hold out your arms at shoulder level (like a plane) and spin in place - 12 times."

What was I thinking?? I can get nauseous watching someone spin in a circle 12 times. But it was early. Maybe I could lose massive amounts of weight by doing this one simple thing. So I tried it.

After the world stopped spinning, I sat down and read the result. It said that if you were very dizzy and nauseous, something is seriously wrong and preventing you from losing weight. I thought 'hooray' ... there is a reason for this weight gain.

As the nausea really settled in, I thought to myself that I've been like this my whole life. Nothing has changed. I've always had a low tolerance for spinning in any capacity. So why am I gaining weight now?

Lesson learned: If you spin in circles 12 times ... you will feel nauseous. If you feel nauseated, you won't eat. If you keep doing this, you will stop eating altogether. If you stop eating, you will lose weight.

The way I still feel after 15 minutes since my spinning session? I'd rather gain weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment