Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Levelling Off Days

Yesterday, I woke up with such energy. I was full of words, ideas and a real zest for life. I spent the morning writing, moving, thinking and talking. It was wonderful. Then I woke up this morning.

I pried myself out of bed reminding myself that this extra 30 minutes is a gift to myself. The gift of time ... or the gift of sleep ... that was the question.

The gift of time won out, in the inner battle of my mind. I've spent that 'gift' on writing. Updating our daycare blog which I simply couldn't bring myself to do for almost a week. Things in the kid-world have been going downhill and I didn't want to put it in words. Not then.

The kids have been draining my energy lately. This is typical after an endless winter. I always feel this way. The need to park myself in a sunbeam is strong this time of year. And that time is coming. Time to let the kids go out and spend their energy outside. Time to breathe some fresh air, feel the sunshine and work in the yard.

After feeling so energized yesterday, this levelling out day feels worse than it should. It all balances out in the end. All I really need is a good dose of sunshine and the energy and excitement for life will return.

No comments:

Post a Comment