Monday, June 8, 2009

A Brand New Week

I had an excessive amount of words in me yesterday so I blogged them all out of my system. I'm happy to report that I've let it all go and I'm ready to carry on. No need to vent this morning. It feels good.

It's good to wipe the slate clean and start fresh. That is what this week is. A second chance, starting fresh, rebuilding from what where I'm at and hopefully the week will wind up the way I anticipate. I'm sure that it will.

I took a break from my exercise/healthy eating for the weekend. I enjoyed the break but I'm not ready to jump back on that bandwagon.

What felt best was my feet. I have been doing running/jumping types of exercise on a cement floor (that is covered in laminate and 2 thin layers of carpeting) in my bare feet. The balls of my feet were a mess. I ran out and bought some indoor 'cross trainers' so I have some shock absorbers as I bounce around downstairs. Between those, some wonderful foot ointment by Dr. Scholl, my massaging/bubbling foot spa and resting my feet for a day ... I can now walk on uncarpeted surfaces without cringing. I think my feet needed a break.

It's nice to feel good about jumping right back on the exercise and mindful eating again today. I love the food choices that I have available to me. It's amazing how one does actually begin to crave healthy food when you are regularly exposed to it. Funny how that works. I like it.

A person does get used to a certain 'status quo' in their lives. Whether it is a body or mind thing.

My 'mind thing' was tested over the weekend and I know that I have worked too hard to get my 'mind' healthy and strong to let anything interfere with that. I regained a sense of peace, harmony and safety when I removed myself from an unhealthy marriage 21 1/2 years ago ... whenever that serenity was threatened, I fought hard to regain it. This new status quo is all to do with personal limitations and what negativity I will allow into my world. I have a low tolerance for it. Not on a regular basis.

I have purged myself of the thoughts that were weighing me down, I haven't started making my to-do-lists for the week ahead, my mind and body are rested and my feet are ready to go.

This is a good way to feel on a Monday. Bring it on ...

No comments:

Post a Comment