Thursday, June 18, 2009

I Love Mornings!

I haven't always been a morning person, but I've developed quite a taste for it as the years go by ...

My perfect morning quite simply consists of taking care of no one's needs except my own. Whether it is by sleeping in a little, getting up and letting the day unfold quietly or whether I decide to exercise. The one thing that is a requirement is the ability to sit still, savor my breakfast smoothie and have a few cups of coffee as I deal with the excess amount of words that I wake up with every morning.

This morning is off to a good start. I am normally a rather restless sleeper - I wake up every time I move and some nights that is a lot. I 'woke up' as I rolled over and thought that a light must have been left on last night. There was brightness that seeped through my closed eyelids. To my amazement, it was actually morning! I slept through the night. I believe that my body and my brain took the night off. It felt wonderful.

I had exercised at 3 different points in the day yesterday and granted myself this morning off. An extra half hour to sleep, time to be still, time to enjoy my morning routines and write a little before the day officially begins.

I love the clarity of the morning. I wake up with answers that eluded me the day before. The 'important stuff' comes to the surface of my consciousness and I start my day with a new perspective on things.

This mornings meanderings took me to my goal of pursuing the book keeping part of my 'career'. I made several calls yesterday and talked to one person. I have literature coming in the mail, a call that is to be returned and one more call back to make. It seems that 'the answer' wasn't to come to me yesterday. Circumstances beyond my control are telling me to take it slow and think this through. And I will.

I have an idea in my head, as to how I would like to see this unfold. How my vision works in the 'real world' is unknown. But I've been pretty fortunate to see a few of my dreams come true ... so I see no reason why I can't do my best to see this through as well.

I have other free falling thoughts coming to me as the day begins. Even my thoughts seem to be in balance this morning - work, exercise, leisure and family are all at the top of my priority chain as the day warms up.

When my mornings start like this, I know I'm starting off on the right foot. No matter what life throws my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment