Sunday, June 28, 2009

Quick Thoughts

I've been pretty wordy here lately so it's time for something brief.

I'm reading the book 'Picture Perfect' (one of the 3 books that I have on the go right now) by Jodi Picoult. She is fast becoming my new favorite author ('My Sister's Keeper' is a book that she wrote that is in the theatres right now).

Anyway ....

I am in awe of her writing and the way she paints her stories. I love the fact that she has the ability to surprise me.

This is a quote from her book that I just had to write down as soon as I read it:

"There are millions of people in the world and the spirits will see that most of them, you never have to meet. But there are one or two you are tied to and the spirits will cross you back and forth, threading so many knots, until they catch and you finally get it right."

When I think of the many people who have touched my life, I like to visualize the 'knots' that keep some people close, no matter where our differing paths have led us.

I think that this quote is possibly alluding to the 'ultimate relationship' of the person you fall in love with. Perhaps I don't have that particular knot. But my life is so full and I have so many special people that touch my world, I don't feel that I'm lacking.

I think we all need to feel that connection. The ties, friendships, kinship and comraderie that one gets from being around someone who 'gets' you. It breathes life into your soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment