Monday, July 6, 2009

Another Weekend Bites the Dust

Have I ever mentioned that I love the weekends?? Well ... I do.

I was sequestered to my home and responsibilities once again this weekend but there was a saner balance to the days. So I am feeling fresh and energized as I start the week ahead.

I am finally gaining ground on the job that I've been procrastinating over, the longest. I devoted a great deal of the weekend to it and I'm at the halfway mark.

The jobs that you put off, are the ones that drain the most out of you (simply by not doing them).

I can so relate to how a child must feel when the mess in their room is bigger than their capacity to clean ... or the homework assignment that is too hard, takes too much time ... or is simply boring.

You think and think about it. You bemoan the fact that it is too much to do. You put it off. It's always in the back of your mind. You get angry that it's not getting done (the bad part about being an adult is that it is truly your own responsibility). You do everything else except the job that needs to be done.

So even though the job is far from complete, it is far closer to being finished than it was 2 days ago.

I don't know how long I can keep life at bay. I don't like living like this. But it makes tackling my work easier.

I keep thinking of how I will feel when I get my 'old life' back. The one where I watch TV, fall asleep on a dime and putter the hours away. The funny thing is, once I push myself out of that lifestyle, I start recreating a new one. And I kind of like the new life I'm creating as I keep pushing my limits.

It's Monday morning and I'm already counting the days until the next weekend. If I make the most out of the free hours that I have at my disposal this week, maybe I can have a small piece of my 'old life' back next weekend. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment