Sunday, July 5, 2009

Recipe For a Good Day

Yesterday was one of those days that I felt very good about, as the day wound to a close. As I woke up this morning wishing to recreate that day, I am pondering the recipe to yesterday's success.

This is yesterday's 'Recipe for a Good Day':
Start off with a good nights sleep
Wake up and start the day with a good dose (at least 1/2 hour) of exercise (I only did 23 minutes)
Add some breakfast (my favorite breakfast smoothie)
Top off with at least 2 cups of coffee (3 is preferred)
Take time to write (or talk) and release the words from your early morning thoughts (I email and blog)
Write for at least 2 cups of coffee
Face the day
Confront the 'ugliest job' that you have first and foremost (that would be going through a year's worth of statements and deposit books for my book keeping job)
Work hard
Make a deal that you will work until a certain point of completion (finish what I started)
Add lunch
Find a good book and relax
Exercise if you have time (I didn't)
Take a minimum of 1/2 hour break (I took 45)
Return to work
Be amazed at how much you got done in the morning (Wow!)
Pat yourself on the back (I did)
Work hard (I returned to my book keeping - started and finished the posting that I had from the morning's work)
Finish one job ('part one' of my book keeping work for the weekend)
Start the next (transcribing the conversation for the family history I'm working on)
Give it what you have (2 1/2 hours)
Find one completely different job to take on (mow the lawn)
Preferably something physical, if you've been sitting for a while
Start, complete and clean up
Add supper (and dessert)
Take the evening to do what you enjoy (I decided to go back to the tapes I had been transcribing)
Savor what you accomplished during the day
Wind down
Jump into bed and savor the freshly washed sheets
Relax and let yourself fall into the oblivion of another great sleep
Then wake up and start all over again (I'm trying) ...

No comments:

Post a Comment