Monday, August 3, 2009

The Calm Before the Storm

I sit here with only a finite amount of hours left in 'the best holiday of my life' (so far). And I don't know what to do.

The lawn must be mowed, I would love to just lose myself in the book I'm reading, a birthday cake to make (but I'm missing one ingredient), I want to write and I still have a notebook full of family memories to type out.

Where did my energy go?

Energy begets energy. The busier I am, the more energy I have and the more I can accomplish. I have the ability to work hard and do a lot with a set amount of time. I'm also very good at relaxing.

I know I have a busy month ahead of me, as I will have to play catch-up with my book keeping job and my babysitting days will be relatively busy (though who knows for sure??). I have lots of loose ends that I want to tie up before I start pursuing that education I have my eyes set on.

Yesterday, the fear of my new reality gripped me. After this year of education ... where will I be? Will I have the tools I need to make this work for me?

It's a little bit frightening to take a step into the unknown. I've done it before, but I've dived in and just dog paddled my way through until I got my sea legs. This time it feels like I'm wading in slowly, with too much time to think.

I know that once I get busy and my thoughts are dealing with the reality of where I'm at, verses thinking and rethinking this decision ... I'll be fine.

Too much time to think isn't always a good thing.

So for now ... I shall finish up my writing, then go and read my book until it's late enough in the morning to mow the lawn, then I'll pick up that missing ingredient for the cake I want to make ... and get the show on the road!

It's time to get busy again.

No comments:

Post a Comment