Monday, August 31, 2009

The End of an Era

As I went through the paces of readying myself for the day ahead of me this morning, I brought out the diapers that I will need for the day and stopped.

I won't need the rest of these diapers [insert silent yee haw here]! I ceremoniously bagged up the excess diapers and spare clothes that I will no longer need after today is done.

Today is the end of my '4-year-old-and-under-set' at my daycare.

I can fold up and put away the 3 playpens that I have in various rooms in the house. I can pack away the 4 booster seats that I have. I can store the 2 high chairs that I have in the kitchen.

I have 2 spare drawers in the spare bedroom (where I kept spare diapers/clothing for the kids). I can bring out books and puzzles! The living room doesn't have to be dominated in Fisher Price ... and maybe I can wash and store the 'baby toys' once and for all?

Baby locks on the cupboards and safety plugs in the electrical sockets are a way of life for me. In fact, the safety plugs disguise the fact that my electrical sockets don't match my decor. I just may keep those.

I have had a high chair in the kitchen for 11 years. It's a catch-all spot, for the things we bring into or take out of the house. I may not need a high chair, but I definitely need something in its place.

June 11, 1998 was the day I started changing diapers. August 1st, 2009 was the day I stopped. Until grandchildren. Maybe I'll just store some of that 'baby stuff'. It's my hope that my house isn't going to be without babies forever ...

No comments:

Post a Comment