Saturday, August 1, 2009

It's Good to Be Back

This vacation has honestly been the best one of my life (so far). As I sit here this morning, after savoring my breakfast smoothie and a cup of coffee at my side ... all I can think is "It's good to be back."

This holiday has encompassed everything I love about life ...

Time spent immersed in family, quiet time, time to get things done (that I can't do when I'm working), time to make memories and see new sights, time to visit, time to plan a new future and at the end of all of that ... I have a long weekend yet to savor.

I have 4 weeks of Normal before I set out on my next new adventure. An education. As I sit here with 3 uncommitted days ahead of me, the wheels are starting to turn again. How do I best spend these days?

Do I work on our family history story? Yes, I think I should start devoting some time to that project. Do I call and ask for my book keeping work to begin? No - I'm still on holidays. I'll make up for it next week, I promise. Do I sit and read a book? Yes - the couch is beckoning me. Spend some quiet mom/son time? I think so ... these are days I'll never get back.

In the past few days (of tending to life, the future, my new reality and a few more errands), it feels like I have already come down to earth. It was necessary.

As much as I loved every moment of my holiday, it wouldn't be a holiday if it happened all of the time. A person needs to have Normal to come home to ... so you can appreciate the wonder of the extraordinary. Which is simply walking away from Normal ... but knowing you have that same wonderful normalcy in which to return at the end of a most excellent vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment