Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Moderation

"Everything in moderation" are good words to live by.

Work, play, solitude, food, noise, good times, bad times, sleep, kids, heat, the list is endless.

It seems that I've been swaying the balance of that moderated life that I so enjoy. Too much idle time at the end of my holiday ... too much work in one day ... too much heat (I hate to be the one to say it, but I really don't enjoy excessive heat). And too many words!

I look over some of my blog entries and I'm overwhelmed in words. "The lady doth write too much, methinks!"

I even went back to a few of them one day to try and contain one train of though and cut down the verbage. But I couldn't do it. It's how my brain works. One thought branches off into many more. They are connected in my mind, but in writing it down ... it seems random (and pointless, perhaps?).

I have been asked "... how you have so many thoughts and words in you?" The answer is simple. Limited adult conversation in my life!

I wake up in the morning and my thoughts run rampant. I woke up this morning with a blog title in my mind. Other mornings, I wake up with paragraphs in my brain. I sit down at the computer with one idea and then my fingers go wild. It's like there is a direct path from my brain to my finger tips, with no conscious thought in between (and I'm sure it is evident). I start with one sentence ... and where I end up, nobody knows!

That said, I am going to be brief this morning. I will go and 'spend' my words on returning a few emails.

No comments:

Post a Comment