Thursday, August 27, 2009

My Mind at Rest

I have been waking up regularly, with my mind-at-rest busy 'inserting' and editing a document that I've been working on (during my mind-at-work part of the day). As my mind-at-rest sees the little dots that signify a space in the Word program and cycles through the editing process in my sleep, I turn on the TV so that I can overwrite the thoughts in my mind and get back to sleep.

Once resting, my mind gets back in the 'loop' that is my life right now. I'm feeling a tad overwhelmed and I can tell, by the cycles of my sleeping.

Exhausted, I fall asleep as whenever I'm idle. Once I'm in bed for the night, I sleep, edit in my sleep, wake up, turn on the TV, have no memory of the TV going off (I love, love, love the sleep timer on my TV!!!) and the next thing you know, I'm awake again and turning on the TV (to turn off my thoughts). That only happens once or twice through the night.

Then the alarm goes off. I set it a half hour early last week and never changed it back. I know that I can hit 'snooze' 3 times, before I must get up and face the day.

In the middle of one of my sleep/TV/back to sleep cycles, I startled myself awake, heard voices and hit the snooze button. I woke up in a semi catatonic state and realized that it wasn't my alarm. It was the TV. Hooray!! That meant I hadn't hit the '3-snooze-buttons-before-I-had-to-get-up' portion of the night yet.

My mind-at-rest is telling my mind-at-work to finish what I've started!! I would love to lock the outside world out of my day today. I've got work to do.

But that is not my reality. I have a day-with-kids ... followed by another (3rd in a row) evening at the dance studio.

I'm feeling that I'm in a little over my head at the dance studio. We started a group formation routine last night. And there's homework. We have a small section to practise. We are working on a rendition of this (this clip isn't in English ... but neither is the 'language' I'm learning on the dance floor with this one ...):


Last night we worked 9 seconds of this clip (from 2:30 to 2:39 seconds). We've got a long, long way to go in 10 weeks!

One more item to add to the list of things-to-think-about-in-the-middle-of-the-night.

Tonight, I'm off to my private lesson to start working on a fun filled and energetic routine to a fun and peppy song.

This week at the dance studio, I've learned: 'The Hustle' (Tuesday group class); 9 seconds of our formation routine; and tonight I'm off to learn some more.

It's no wonder I can't sleep soundly ...

No comments:

Post a Comment