Friday, September 11, 2009

2 Weeks Down ...

In the days before 'back to school', Kurt lamented that it just wasn't fair. Summer felt like it sped by. It felt like two weeks, not two months! Well, if the rest of the year flies by like the past 2 weeks have, it's going to be over before we know it.

I'm not quite in 'my groove' yet. This week was a far cry from last week. Possibly a balance between the two weeks would be best.

This week ... I put in 3 1/2 hours of book keeping work, verses the (almost) 20 that I squeezed into 4 days last week.

This week ... I had a few more kids and my daycare days have been longer (almost 13 hours for the 4 days that I've been available).

My school hours and my dancing hours are unchanged.

But all in all, this felt like a very laid back week. I got to go to bed early. I was rested enough to have the 'luxury' of a restless sleep on a few occasions. I had time to breathe. But I was unaccustomed to the time in the evening, so I felt like I wasted it.

I could have vacuumed, dusted and cleaned a cupboard or two. But I didn't. I should have ran over to a friends to pick up something that I had promised to help out with. But I didn't realize I'd have the time. I don't know what I did do ... I just know what I didn't do.

I'm loving the change in the flow of the days in my new world. Instead of running the dishwasher daily, it is a biweekly task (at most). I am scrambling to come up with a 'light color' load of laundry which wasn't a problem in my old world (lots of wash clothes for 'the masses'). I go through half the milk, my grocery isn't dwindling as quickly and I don't have the chore of washing all of the bedding for my many nappers on Fridays.

I'm going through more gas and more bread products (lunches) ...

But on the whole, it feels like there is much less 'consumption'. Less food, less laundry, less dishwashing, less cooking, less scheduling, less pressure, less bickering/needing/ wanting/asking, less kid-hours, less kid-noise, less mess, less confusion.

I am alone with my own thoughts for much of the day. There is very little conversation that takes place at school, my drive there and back is quiet, I start and end the days quietly. The chaos in my mind is almost nil.

The scheduling of kids/meals/bathrooming/naps/snacks/outside play/co-operative play and my many parents coming and going has been replaced. I go to and from school. I'm here for the kids before and after school. I dance 2 evenings. I do my book keeping when the work is here.

After my rant last week about how busy my new life is ... I must amend that. I'm a different kind of busy now. A good busy.

This said, after 2 weeks. I wonder what I'll be thinking 2 months from now?

No comments:

Post a Comment